Rotary International Japan Youth Exchange Committee (RIJYEC): Offering RIJYEC Insurance Plan for RYE Inbound Students (Do not use after 31-December-2017)
- Rotary International Japan Youth Exchange Committee (RIJYEC) is offering its RIJYEC Insurance Plan for inbound Rotary Youth Exchange (RYE) students. The plan combines insurance offered by two insurance organizations. The first is Japan’s National Health Insurance (NHI) system which covers accidents, illnesses and dental needs while staying in Japan. The other organization is JI Accident & Fire Insurance Co., Ltd.(JI) which offers an overseas travel accident insurance that covers accidental death, accidental disability, personal liability and medical and rescuer expenses mainly while staying in Japan. (Please refer to pages 4/12, respectively, regarding the details of JI’s overseas travel accident insurance.) (Please refer to pages 9/12, respectively, regarding the details of NHI’s accident, illness and dental insurance.)
2) Eligible participants
- inbound students participating in the RYE program
3) Warranty information
- Please check the insurance overview for warranty information and coverage.
- Coverage period
- “From home to home” means from the time the plan participant leaves his/her residence within his/her home country until returning to the same.
- “Home to arrival” means from the time the plan participant leaves his/her residence within his/her home country until arrives in Japan.
- “Departure to home” means from the time the plan participant departs in Japan until arrives his/her residence within his/her home country.
- “Arrival to departure” means from the time the plan participant arrives in Japan until departure.
- Please sign up for the NHI plan within 14 days after arriving in Japan.
- Copayments: Accident, illness and dental medical expense coverage by NHI is subject to a 30% copayment.
However, as for the amount which you paid as a copayment (30%) of NHI, JI’s medical & rescuer expense benefit provides coverage of up to 5 million yen for each injury or illness excluding dental expenses. (Please note that insurance payments cannot be made if exclusions apply.)